Windt Le Grand Leeuwenburgh B.V. (hereinafter: 'WGL') respects your privacy and processes personal data in the capacity of controller with due observance of the European General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016/679 (hereinafter: the 'AVG') and the Implementation Act General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter: the 'UAVG‘).
The Privacy Statement implements the obligation to provide information to the data subject (s) whose personal data are processed by WGL.
The Privacy Statement was last updated on September 13, 2019. WGL reserves the right to unilaterally change or supplement the Privacy Statement without prior notice by modifying the Privacy Statement. You are therefore advised to regularly consult the Privacy Statement as published on the website www.windtlegal.com.
The following is explained in the Privacy Statement:
• Which personal data WGL collects and how;
• For what purposes and reasons WGL processes personal data;
• How long WGL stores personal data;
• With whom WGL shares personal data;
• How personal data is protected;
• Your rights;
• Which cookies WGL uses on its websites;
• How to contact WGL regarding the Privacy Statement.
‘Personal data’ means all information about an identified or identifiable natural person. Identifiable means an existing or deceased person who can be identified directly or indirectly.
WGL can, among other things, process the following personal data:
- First and last name, title, marital status, occupation;
- E-mail address, postal and / or home address, (mobile) telephone and / or fax number;
- Information regarding the device that you use to visit our website, such as an IP address;
- Personal data you provide to us in the context of attending events or meetings, such as requirements and wishes regarding accessibility and dietary;
- Personal data you provide to us for application purposes such as your first and last name, date of birth, address, telephone number, e-mail address, nationality, marital status and all other personal data requested in the application;
- All other personal data that is provided to WGL or that WGL can obtain in connection with the purposes and on the basis as stated below, including, but not limited to, your employer (s), financial and / economic data, medical and / or health data, data on criminal convictions and / or offenses.
WGL processes the aforementioned personal data because it was provided by you as the person concerned on your own initiative, was obtained in the context of the service provision, was made known to us by third parties, including counterparties, or via public sources, including (but not exclusively) the Trade Register, the Land Registry or through (social) media.
Purposes and principles for the processing of personal data
WGL can use personal data for the following purposes:
• To be able to offer optimum legal services;
• To comply with juridical and legal obligations;
• To inform about relevant developments in legislation and regulations;
• To invite you to events that may be of interest to you;
• Recruitment and selection (job applications);
• Statement gathering.
WGL processes personal data based on one or more of the following legal bases:
• The implementation of an agreement;
• Compliance with a legal obligation;
• Legitimate interest;
• Obtained permission from the person (s) involved.
WGL does not store personal data that is being processed for longer than is necessary for the aforementioned purposes of data processing or is required by law and regulations.
Sharing with others
WGL only shares clients’ personal data with third parties with permission insofar as necessary for the service. This includes the (commissioning) of an expert investigation or communication with counterparties, lawyers, courts and / or other government institutions.
WGL can provide personal data to third parties, such as a supervisory or other public authority body, if and insofar as there is a legal obligation to do so and WGL is not entitled to rely on its duty of confidentiality and / or legal privilege.
Within the framework of its business operations, WGL may share personal data with external suppliers for the purposes described in the Privacy Statement, such as IT suppliers, communication service providers or other suppliers to whom WGL outsources certain supporting services. A processing agreement is concluded with the third party that processes personal data in its capacity as processor on behalf of WGL, which in turn specifies how the processor must handle the personal data.
The transfer of personal data to third parties only takes place for the purposes stated in the Privacy Statement and only on the basis stated in the Privacy Statement.
Third parties to whom WGL provides personal data are themselves responsible for compliance with applicable privacy legislation and will take appropriate technical and organisational measures.
In order to provide services, WGL may need to pass on your personal data to a recipient in a country outside the European Economic Area. In that case, WGL will ensure that such transfer of personal data is in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations.
WGL has taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against loss, destruction, damage, adaptation or disclosure. If you have any questions about the security of your personal data, or if there are indications of abuse, you are requested to contact WGL via email@example.com.
Rights of data subject (s)
The rights of the person (s) involved include the following:
- Right to information: This is met through the Privacy Statement.
- Right to inspect, with the exception of personal notes: You may request access to the personal data that WGL has collected from you.
- Right to correction, addition, removal or shielding: This only relates to factual data.
- Right of objection: This right includes the right to object to or request limitation of the processing of your personal data.
- Right to data portability: This means that you have the right to receive your data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form. You also have the right to transfer this data to another third party.
- Right to forget: You have the right to submit a request to delete your personal data.
- Right to limit the processing of personal data: If you wish to limit the processing of personal data by WGL (pending the requested rectification of your personal data, objection to processing or because you do not want data to be deleted even though the processing is unlawful) you can submit a request for this.
- Right to withdraw permission previously given: You can withdraw a previously given permission to process personal data at any time.
- Right to submit a complaint to a supervisory authority: If you find that WGL does not handle your personal data with care, or if you are not satisfied with WGL's response after you have invoked one of the rights mentioned here and you cannot resolve WGL itself, you can file a privacy complaint and submit it to the Dutch Data Protection Authority. You can also choose to go to court.
When invoking one of the above rights, you should be aware that circumstances may arise in which WGL is authorised NOT to comply with your request. We may be entitled to continue processing your information provided
we comply with the confidentiality obligation, the right of non-disclosure and be able to (continue to) comply with (other) legal obligations, such as legal retention periods, or that the legitimate interests of (the) client (s) or WGL in the given circumstances outweigh the interests of the data subject (s) who may invoke one of the above rights.
You may send a request regarding the above rights via the contact details found at the bottom of this page. You will receive further notification within four weeks of receipt of your request.
You have the right to request access to and correction or deletion of your data. To prevent abuse, we will ask for proof of identity. For access to personal data linked to a cookie, you must send a copy of the cookie in question. You will find this in your browser settings.
If you do not want cookies placed on your device, you will find the option in the cookie notification pop up you will see when you first visit our website. If you have previously accepted our cookies, you will no longer see this message and you must first delete our cookies through your browser settings.
If you require further information or have any queries or complaints about the processing of your personal data, please contact us at:
Windt Le Grand Leeuwenburgh B.V.
Contact regarding the Privacy Statement
Mr. Timme Geerlof
010 2617 500